Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm still here

Hey everyone, so I am still here, still alive. I needed to take a little break after Ralphy past, which ended up being a longer then planned break, but it has been a difficult month for me. How was everyone's Christmas? I had a hard time getting into the "Christmas Spirit" this year. Our tree didn't go up until the week before, I didn't listen to my favorite Christmas music, etc? Have you found it more difficult to feel that spirit? I remember Christmas as a child, it just felt so magical to me, but that feeling always lessened with every year. What is that? Has anyone else felt that way? This next year, I am determined to make it "magical" and spiritual to me. Maybe I have to find what it truly means for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this time of year. I love being with my family. I love getting together with friends. I love giving gifts to others. I love the sweet smell in the air. But I want to turn it more on Christ, at least more personally for me... after all, that is what Christmas is all about right?!
I called this Christmas my "Home-made Christmas". I tried to make a lot of my gifts this year, and I will tell you what, it was not easy! It took a lot of hard work and time... but I loved it! I really enjoy giving something to someone special that you made yourself. It just puts a little more meaning to gift giving... for me anyway. I am planning to do it again... I just need to give myself more prep time! :) What were some of the things you did this year? I'd love to hear them!

So every year my sisters and I do a "Sister gift". It'n not usually anything big, but it's one of my favorite things about Christmas. I made some cute gift tags and necklaces this year, and some brown sugar body scrubs too. It was a lot of fun! But I wanted to share with you what my sweet sister Rachael did for us this year. It blew us all away. She painted us pictures of our beloved dogs, my Ralphy! I was so shocked when I opened my box, it put me to tears! I absolutely love it!

Here is the one she did for my sister Tessa of her pal Buddy.
This is the one of Ralphy she gave to my mom. It captures him perfectly!
Here is the one she did for me! My baby Ralphy, always with his tongue out!

What a wonderful surprise and gift that I will cherish always! Definitely one of the
BIGGEST highlights for me this year, and every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment